About Us

My photo
United States
We were married on September 27, 2009. We began our journey more than three years ago. We have had four losses to date and are still trying to conceive our sticky bean.

Monday, January 2, 2012

In the hospital

This past Tuesday evening I began to have a little pain in my side. I immediately thought about calling the on call doctor but decided that I was probably overeacting so I chose to wait until my already scheduled appointmoint.

On Wednesday at the appointment, we recieved some bad news. The baby had already passed. The tech did make sure to look at the tube but there was nothing to be seen.

Thursday evening, the pain came back with a vengance. By 4am Friday morning I was nauseated and in tears from the pain. I woke Chris up and we headed to the ER. In the ER, they found something in the tube but couldn't be sure about what it was they were seeing. Obviously they were concerned about it being a baby. However, the area didn't have an increased blood flow like a baby would have. It was decided that I would go home on the promise that I come back to the ER if it got worse, and would return Saturday (no matter what) for repeat tests.

The pain subsided greatiy but apparently things had gotten much worse. I ended up being admitted pretty quickly, By 7:30 that evening, I was in the OR for emergency surgery. We were pregnant with twins in a rare heterotopic pregnancy. My left fallopian tube was bleeding out in several places. Unfortunately, the doctor was unable to save my tube. Because the baby implanted so close to the uterus, the doctor also had to take a small corner of the uterus that was damaged.

Recovery from surgery got off to a rough start (thanks to being allergic to Delaudid and a nurse that didn't notice that). Yesterday's day nurse caught it pretty much right away and things went MUCH better after that.

As of right now, we're unsure of when we'll get to go home. Maybe this evening, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment