Once again, it's been a while since I've posted. Since my last post, Chris and I have been relaxing on the trying to conceive front. No temping, no charting, no opks, no meds, nothing. Just sex whenever the mood struck. And to prove my response to all those that have said "Relax and you'll get your baby" we have not conceived. In fact, I didn't even ovulate last month. (I know, you're thinking "how can she possibly know that if she's not monitoring her cycle.) I became fairly certain I didn't ovulate when my period came three days early and was light for one day before being done. How is relaxing going to get me anywhere if my body doesn't freaking work!?!
So, now onto what we're going to do. At my last RE appointment Dr. I informed me that if we weren't pregnant on our own be October that we would move to injectibles. Despite my fear of shots, I was excited to be moving forward next month.
In preparation, Chris and I talked a lot about it and we decided that we weren't comfortable moving forward with treatment until I had an HSG to check for any scarring from the infection or from our losses. After much procrastination, I called and requested this painful test. It is scheduled for Monday, Sept 20th at 8am.
While on the phone, I asked about the cost of the Bravelle and Hcg trigger. She told me that they would cost $950+ a cycle! I was devastated. I have been unemployed for a year. There is no way we can afford that. I managed to hold it together until I got off the phone and had a major breakdown. I posted on my support boards in the midst of the breakdown and, as usual, the women were amazing. Not only did the lift my spirits, they managed to renew hope. At the suggestion of a woman on the Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance board (followed up by my own research of course) we have decided to insist on Femera. Femera is similar to the Clomid I have taken in the past but studies have proven it to be more effective. In addition, the biggest concern I had when on Clomid doesn't apply to Femera.
That about concludes this update. I will post again within the next week.