About Us

My photo
United States
We were married on September 27, 2009. We began our journey more than three years ago. We have had four losses to date and are still trying to conceive our sticky bean.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gwendolyn's Legacy

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Last night in TCF chat, I asked for suggestions. I wanted something I could do to honor Gwen tomorrow. The response I got was wonderful. A very wonderfully supportive woman named Joanna, suggested that I ask people to do a good deed in Gwen's honor to continue her work. Maybe I should explain...

You see, when I miscarried Gwen at 11w, I was devastated. In my grief and fears for new pregnancies I found justmommies.com I quickly signed up and found the ladies to be wonderful. After a few months on the site I began hosting the recurrent loss board where I have been able to provide support to women for more than two years now.

Shortly after becoming host a member posted. Her rainbow baby was very, very sick. They thought he had cancer. During his hospital stay, I emailed her to check on him. She was happy for my concern and gave me her # to check on him any time. I'm sure you've figured it out by now, that precious rainbow baby is Joey and he didn't have cancer...it was worse: histiocytosis. As you likely already know, I have become VERY involved in raising awareness and volunteering for the nation's biggest histio charity.

All of this was set into motion by Gwen's passing. This precious little girl has made such a difference in so many lives despite never getting to take that first breath. I'd like to follow Joanna's suggestion and take it one step further. If all of my readers would do just one good deed in Gwen's honor tomorrow...think of the difference she'd make. If you can't do this, for whatever reason, it would mean a lot to me if you'd just light a candle in her honor at some point tomorrow.

If you do a good deed, tell me about it. I'd love to know what's being done in my baby's honor. If you light a candle, I'd also love to know. If you can, take a picture of it and send it to me. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment